What Murano Glass Is Made Into
Murano Glass Repair
Murano glass, sometimes also known as Venetian glass, has been crafted on the island of Murano in Italy for a very long time. Over the centuries, glassmaking technologies have advanced but Murano remains one of the top producers of artistic glass pieces in the world. Whether it is enameled glass, colored glass or even glass with gold threaded throughout, Murano glass is created in many different styles and into many different items.
Here are just a few things that Murano glass is often made into:
- Sculptures: Beautiful sculptures crafted in Venice with Murano glass feature colorful components and even swirls of color, giving them a unique appearance that stands out among other glass sculptures. They are made into everything from abstract pieces to human figures to animals.
- Vases: Vases are a popular item as far as Murano glass goes. Buyers can expect to find them in a variety of colors, shapes and designs, with endless patterns crossing their surfaces.
- Glassware: Murano glass is also crafted into many types of glassware, including bowls, glasses and colorful centerpieces. Whether the pieces are being used as intender or as décor, their unique shapes and vibrant designs stand out.
- Jewelry: Glass jewelry is beautiful in and of itself, but Murano glass makes for some spectacular pieces. The swirled colors and gold flecks make for unique necklaces, bracelets and earrings that are unlike anything you’ll find here in America.
- Chandeliers: While crystal is often used in chandeliers, Murano glass is another popular ingredient for these antique artifacts. The colored glass panels can really add character to a room.
- Others: There are still other items that are crafted out of Murano glass, including things like mirrors, perfume bottles, shotglasses, coasters and picture frames.
While there are plenty of items made out of Murano glass, there aren’t many experts who are knowledgeable in authentic Murano glass repair. Bokrosh Studios, based out of Seattle, specializes in glass repair, including that of Venetian glass. With over 40 years of experience and knowledge specific to this type of glass, the professionals here at Bokrosh Studios are happy to help. Contact our repair and restoration experts by calling (206) 860-9748 today.
Bokrosh Studio Glass Repair
10016 Edmonds Way
Suite C # 181
Edmonds, WA 98020
Fine Art Glass Repair Professional. Glass Restoration. Glass Sculptures Repair